Quick Summary: If you are a person who loves cooking and experimenting in the kitchen, you would prefer the Broan Two-Speed Four-Way Convertible Range Hood. Not only does it provide the option of having a non-ducted or ducted option with the 4-way convertibility but it also proves to be worth the money you spend for. And it depends on your personal preference, but if you love the black color than Broan-NuTone 403004 Convertible Range Hood is the one to go for.
If you’re an individual who spends most of his/ her time in the kitchen then you would know the difference between the humidity and air quality inside the kitchen, compared to outside.
The uninviting odor of vegetables, oil, and smoke makes the cooking process a little less appealing and that’s where the under cabinet range hoods come in.
These cabinet hoods are just ventilation systems that keep the air quality in your kitchen fresh and remove the odor and humidity from the kitchen. Aside from improving the air quality, the best under cabinet range hoods keep the kitchen cool, eases up your cleanup process after cooking, and even increases the value of the kitchen in the market.
Picking one out, from the many different varieties for your place is a tough job, but we’ve made it easier by listing down the best of the best range hoods in this article.
We’ve also listed down the many factors that you should look out for before making the purchase, such as if the range hood is ducted, or a duct-free hood, the size of the hood, the speed of the fan, the lighting of the range hood, if it comes with a thermostat and an auto timer, and of course, the price.
- Best Under Cabinet Range Hood Comparisons
- Reviews of Best Under Cabinet Range Hood
- What to Consider When Choosing The Best Under Cabinet Range Hood
Comparison of 10 Best Under Cabinet Range Hoods
1. Broan Two Speed Convertible Range Hood (Best Overall)
This Broan-NuTone Broan Two Speed Four Way Convertible Range Hood can be used in practically any application, including vertical and horizontal ducted opening, round vertical ducted opening, or as a non-ducted rangehood.
|Read Our Review
2. Broan Stainless Steel Ducted Range Hood (Best Budget)
This Broan-NuTone Convertible Range Hood delivers ventilation performance while preserving precious cabinet space, allows faster, more effective removal of smoke and odors for improved indoor air quality, and a cleaner kitchen.
|Read Our Review
This BV Range Hood is a high airflow ducted unit with lights and stainless steel baffle filters. The entire range hood is designed for easy removal and cleaning of parts, without specialized tools required.
|Read Our Review
This Cosmo 30" Ducted Under Cabinet Range Hood offers a slim profile suction to vent odors from your home. Requiring only simple installation under an existing cabinet and its stainless steel body.
|Read Our Review
This Winflo 30" Under Cabinet Stainless Steel Convertible Kitchen Range Hood is made from premium stainless steel and highly engineered components to ensure a superior product and excellent quality.
|Read Our Review
This Cosmo 30-inch Ducted Under Cabinet Range Hood features a brushed stainless steel finish, 5 push button controls, LED lighting, stainless steel dishwasher safe permanent filters and a 6-inch round exhaust vent.
|Read Our Review
This Broan-NuTone White Broan Non-Ducted Under-Cabinet Range Hood features a removable grease-charcoal filter, a protective lamp lens that distributes light evenly and control switches for fan speed and light activation.
|Read Our Review
This Broan-NuTone Under-Cabinet Range Hood guarantees effective filtration, high quality and value. It features a removable combination grease charcoal filter for cleaner indoor exhaust recirculation and a 2 speed motor.
|Read Our Review
This Broan QML30SS Under-Cabinet Range Hood features a dual halogen lighting with two light levels that provide brilliant cooktop illumination and a 2-speed rocker control switch that makes it easy to use.
|Read Our Review
This Broan Under Cabinet Hood features a 30-inch width to fit standard-sized cabinetry and sports a twin halogen light system that can be adjusted to two levels using the front soft-touch push buttons.
|Read Our Review
Reviews of 15 Top Under Cabinet Range Hoods
Now, with these factors in mind, let us take a look at top 10 under cabinet range hoods in the market, their features and what they offer to its buyers.
Another innovative and revolutionary model from the house of Broan, the F403023 comes with a convertible (4 way) range hood and a two-speed fan.
- The stylish black color with two speeds for fan control.
- The 4-way convertibility offers more flexibility to make it compatible with all kinds of applications.
- Durable fan and a grease filter that is easy to clean.
- You can either go with a ducted (vertical and horizontal option) or go with non-ducted for recirculation of the air.
- Remove the cover plate on the front simply to convert to non-ducted when required.
- The grease filter is safe to wash in a dishwasher.
- Comes with a protective lens for the lamp to provide illumination while cooking.
- Hood for range has two fan speeds
- Perfect size insert at 30 inch under cabinet
- Affordable price point
- Exceptional ventilation and saving needed space
- May collect grime in the seams
- Item may sustain damage during shipping because it is not boxed well
With options to either duct vertically or horizontally, the Broan 403004 comes with a combination of good looks and high performance.
As part of the 40000 series where all models are meant for a wide range of coverage, the 403004 is completely made of stainless steel and is expected to last longer than other materials in the category.
- Easy to install with 2-speed controls.
- Cleaning is quite easy for the grease filter can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Illumination for the cook top.
- Less noisy in comparison.
- Reasonably priced.
- Stainless steel range hood insert
- Provides best airflow in your kitchen
- Dual options for top or rear exhaust
- Easy to clean
- Dents easily
- Check to make sure all parts are included in box
- Only 160 cubic feet per minute
BV is a name consistently seen alongside innovation. With a stainless steel body and a width of 30 inches, the under cabinet range hood from BV does come with a long list of attractive features.
- Slanted design to provide complete coverage to the entire cooking area.
- 800 CFM from dual motors, which ensures better ventilation.
- For the power so high, the range hood doesn’t make much noise.
- 3-speed fan control
- Illumination by 2 watts lighting in the hood.
- Easily removable filter and tray for easy cleaning.
- Baffle filters are easy to remove and dishwasher safe
- Contains LED lights
- Ultra quiet despite its high power
- Additional lighting to help with food prep
- Provides a modern look for your home
- Filters may rust easier than other cabinet hoods
- Lights seem defective on some models
Styled for the European kitchens, the Cosmo comes with an energy-efficient range hood with aluminum filters and stainless steel body along with other features.
A combination of efficiency and style along with value for the money!
- Higher efficiency with 250 CFM
- 3-speed fan/motor for energy-efficient operation.
- Less noisy with controls at the push of a button.
- Lighting powered by LED lamps
- Warranty for the parts by the manufacturer for up to 5 years.
- Easy to clean exterior and durable filters in aluminum.
- Has to be hardwired for installation as this doesn’t include a plug.
- Slim vented hoods for range for kitchen
- Three fan speeds
- Stainless steel aluminum filters are long lasting
- Five year manufacturers parts warranty surpasses most others
- Only 250 cubic feet per minute
- Light is not bright enough for cooking needs
Elegance and excellence are what the WinFlo range hood boasts of when you check out the under cabinet range hoods under the brand.
With a 3-year warranty on the parts of the range hood, there are quite a few features of this range hood that can work out in your favor.
- 2 blowers made of metal to deliver 500 CFM airflow guaranteeing optimal ventilation.
- The baffle filters made of stainless steel are easy to remove and clean.
- All three filters are safe to wash in a dishwasher.
- There is a grease trap and 2 LED lights to illuminate your cooktop.
- A control panel that works on the touch sensor.
- Option for 3-speed fan control.
- Unique design with easy one person installation
- Less than 65db of noise
- Provides quality and looks
- Installation hardware and plug included
- Superior three year limited parts warranty
- Hood vibrates
- Controls may seem confusing
Touted to a high end under cabinet hoods, the Cosmo ducted hood comes with many interesting features to look at.
- 760 CFM of airflow for better ventilation.
- The noise level is minimal and there are 3 speeds to the motor.
- The stainless steel filters ensure an easy cleaning option for you can wash them in a dishwasher.
- Controls are designed at the push of a button and the hood offers LED lighting.
- A limited warranty for 5 years on the product.
- Option to be ductless with optional filter
- Five button controls
- Energy efficient
- Difficult to clean
- Professional cleaning is best
High quality, value for money, and effective filtration are some factors that are considered in tandem with the range hoods from Broan.
The 413001 from the 41000 series of under cabinet hoods from Broan includes a charcoal filter and is ductless.
- Beneficial when there is no provision to have any air ducts for the unit is duct-free.
- 2-speed fan and a separate switch for the rocker light. The bulb is not included.
- The charcoal filters can be cleaned and replaced with ease.
- Enhanced looks guaranteed with the hemmed bottom and the mitered edges.
- A limited warranty of 1 year offered.
- Charcoal filters are replaceable for ultimate fresh air in the kitchen
- Separate controls for fan and light
- ADA compliant installation
- Ductless installation only
- Requires two people for installation
Another high performing under cabinet range hood from the 41000 series, the 413604 ADA is fitted with charcoal filter along with other features expected from a range hood of its class.
- Non-ducted charcoal filters perfect for places where there are no air ducts.
- A lamp lens protectively placed over the hood to provide perfect illumination across the cooking surface. The bulb has to be bought separately.
- The switches for the fan and light are rocker types.
- Works well in ADA-compliant applications.
- Provides superior kitchen ventilation
- Easy installation and lightweight
- Perfect for smaller spaces
- Only offers ductless installation
- Dents easily
- May suffer from damage during shipping
Constructed of lightweight stainless steel, the Broan QML30SS is easy to handle and easy to install and can be mounted under your cabinet with little to no hassle.
- 30-inch wide coverage of the cooking surface.
- Lighter to lift and move around with a couple of halogen lights to illuminate the cooktop.
- The light bulbs’ intensity can also be adjusted to either low or high.
- There is a 2-speed fan with 200 CFM airflow.
- Canopy model and cleaning it is easy.
- Lower noise levels
- Non-ducted range hood with stainless steel body.
- Controls are hidden to provide a better look for your kitchen
- Fully enclosed design
- Able to be converted in four different ways
- Halogen 35-watt lights give focused lighting
- Requires separate purchases to convert to ducted
- Has lower power and suction than others
- Not the most ideal for larger spaces
Considered as the new benchmark for the under cabinet range hoods, the Broan QS130WW uses the technology of axial blade, unique to the line.
A revolutionary design and technology the Broan QS130WW model boasts of many features.
- Less noisy with only 1.5Sones at a normal speed.
- The setting for CFM is at 220 which makes for sufficient ventilation.
- An enclosed model for easy to maintain and clean.
- Adjustable connectors for ducts so as to accommodate even ductwork that is off the center.
- Easy to install and is a 4-way convertible.
- Simple and painless to clean
- Design is fully enclosed
- Option to convert in four different ways without moving the blower
- Best under cabinet hood
- Poor design as blower may hit inside of the unit
- Not the best hoods ranges design for some applications
This is one of the best range hoods under cabinet range hoods. You will love its slim design with its discreet control buttons that fit anywhere, even in small apartments and condos.
Not only does it look attractive, but its powerful exhaust does an excellent job of keeping your kitchen clean.
This under cabinet 30-inch range hood fits most homes. Its 20 gauge, brushed stainless steel exterior makes easy cleaning, and there are 5 small control buttons at the front of the unit for easy operation.
This unit also comes with a 5-year limited parts warranty, and customer support is US-based.
The 3-speed motor goes up to a maximum noise level of 56dB, to keep your kitchen clean without loud fan noises.
The two 3-watt LED lights save energy while providing an effective light source while you cook.
Grease and oil are trapped in aluminum mesh filters which are both long-lasting and reusable. The filters have several layers under the hoods, making them some of the best at catching oily and greasy smoke and spatters.
- This range hood can be converted to ductless with a Carbon Filter Kit (sold separately) for greater flexibility
- It is suitable for either top or back venting and can be installed either under a cabinet or against a wall
- HVAC tape not included
- Required to install the 5-inch round duct for the exhaust vent
You will love the easy-to-clean filters that are dishwasher-safe and durable, made of stainless steel. No need to scrub greasy kitchen hood filters!.
A beautifully modern, durable range hood that features a backlit touch screen and sturdy baffle filters, this model is easy to use and looks great in any kitchen with its polished and satiny finish.
The built-in 1.5 watts LED lights to save energy while providing the best light source any time, and the rounded corners add protection.
The operation is quiet, and the Cosmo QS75 cabinet range hood can be converted to ductless with an optional Carbon Filter Kit (sold separately).
This model has 500 CFM airflow and a 4-speed fan with twin centrifugal motors and vented hoods, meaning that you can ventilate your kitchen quickly and effectively.
This range hood is designed to fit under a kitchen cabinet and its stylish design looks great with any kind of appliances. The hood is made of premium 18-gauge-thick stainless steel for quick cleanup to keep your unit looking like new.
US-based Customer Support
This kitchen hood for range unit comes with one of the best 5-year limited warranties, and if you do need customer support, you can speak to a local US team who will meet your needs efficiently.
- Comes with a remote control for operation at a distance
- Users say the low speed is more efficient than many other existing models
- All three settings are relatively quiet when in use
- Some users say the instruction manual is difficult to understand
You will love the beautiful simplicity of the digital touch screen of this contemporary design cabinet range hood.
Integrate your cabinet range hood seamlessly with existing kitchen appliances with the Hauslane Chef stainless steel body and powerful extractor fans.
3 way venting options allow you to install your unit just the way you like it, while the built-in LED lamps to save energy while emitting optimum lighting levels for your kitchen cooking needs.
This range hood has vertical and rear venting, with a choice between circular or rectangular adaptors. The vertical venting size is 6 inches (round) or 10 x 3 1/4 inches (rectangular). Rear venting size is 10 x 3 1/4 inches (rectangular).
Delayed Power Off Function
You can set the unit to run over a certain time period and it will shut itself off without you having to come back into the kitchen.
6 Speed Settings
You have a choice of 6 different settings to adjust the levels of suction and noise to suit your kitchen needs.
- The stainless-steel baffle filters are simple to remove from the unit for easy cleaning
- Easy to install
- The stainless-steel hood can be wiped clean in seconds
- Slightly noisier than some other cabinet range hoods
- Best minimum decibel level at the lowest speed setting of 61.2dB; At medium speed the decibel level is 62.3dB and at maximum it is 63.8dB
One of the best cabinet hoods for sheer power. This modern stainless-steel range hood has two 130-watt, heavy-duty motors which can provide the best oil filtration rate of 95% and one of the best CFM rates.
This range hood is effective yet elegant with its simple and clean design. Two halogen lamps provide either bright or extra bright light over your stove, and the stainless steel exterior is simple to wipe clean to keep your unit looking fresh and new.
his range hood can be fitted to be top vent (with a round or rectangular connector), or a back vent. All connectors are included so that you can install this unit to suit your needs.
The baffle filters have a performance of just under 900 CFM (860 CFM) to filter oily smoke. They are curved upward so that they are discreet yet effective, as there is less chance for smoke to escape with the broader chamber.
Automatic Reminder for Filter Cleaning
The 6-speed touch control switches include a clock display, a time delay function, and a reminder for when to clean the filters. Unlike some other cabinet range hoods, you’ll never have to worry about impeded performance due to dirty filters.
- The best under cabinet hood for peace of mind
- It carries a lifetime motor warranty
- Users say this unit is great value for money
- Some users say that there is an audible hum while the hood is in operation
- Some say the instructions are difficult to understand
- Installation requires more than one person
You will love that this unit is designed to fit flush with the bottom of a kitchen cabinet. It won the Adex Award for its superior product design and quality compared with other hoods for ranges.
This Kobe range hood can be very quiet: on its lowest setting, it operates at 2.0 sone (approximately 50dB). The lights are nice and bright, providing excellent visibility in your kitchen.
It comes with a hard-wired electrical plug with a ground. It is quiet, powerful, and looks fabulous!
Easy to Clean
This is one of the range hoods that have both baffle filters as well as aluminum filters, and both are dishwasher-safe. The outside of the unit is durable, 20-gauge commercial-grade stainless-steel with a satin finish which is easy to wipe clean.
Simple to Operate
There is a 3-speed mechanical push button with Quiet Mode (low speed), medium speed, and high speed.
Two 3-watt LED lights provide bright and energy efficient lighting for your kitchen stove top.
- One of the best under cabinet units with its 30 inch under cabinet width
- Flush design means it can fit seamlessly with your existing cabinets
- Users say this unit is good value for its price
- Both mesh and aluminum filters are included
- Medium speed is quite powerful
- The unit is ultra-quiet when in operation
- Not as powerful a suction as some other models
- With a maximum power of 550 CFM; exhaust is only top 6 inch round
- It can only be mounted one way in your kitchen
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Under Cabinet Range Hood
Every household will have a different requirement and every person will have a different preference. However, some of the factors remain constant across preferences while selecting a range hood.
Listed below are some of the key factors to consider when buying an under cabinet range hood.
Duct or duct free hood
Ducted hoods are preferable as they carry the smoke and cooking odor out of the kitchen to the outside rather than having it circulating within.
As the under cabinet range hoods are mounted below a wall cabinet, you have to either route the ductwork through the cabinets or through the back to the outside. Sometimes, you have to route through the cabinets to the ceiling.
Read more: Ducted Vs. Ductless Range Hood
The speed of the fan
The most optimal level is to have three speeds, a higher speed when you are cooking and a lower one when you are done with the cooking and just keep the place ventilated.
Also, the fan speed should be easily controllable by the user to set it to the desired speed.
The Size Of The Hood
The most important aspect where it would be better to have a hood as big as the cooking top. Not just the length, but the hood should also spread wide to fit the entire size of your cooking surface.
The Level Of CFM
CFM or the Cubit feet per minute determines the strength of the range hood. This will again depend on the amount of cooking you plan to do. If you are a heavy cooker, then you may want to go for a larger CFM.
The output of your cooktop, that is the BTU that is expected to be let out while cooking should also be taken into account, higher the BTU, higher the CFM for better ventilation.
And yet this doesn’t guarantee better smoke removal. One has to consider both in tandem while choosing the best under cabinet range hood.
Lighting Of Range Hood
Most of the range hoods come with the lighting options to illuminate the cooktop. You get a wide range of LED lights, fluorescent to incandescent to choose from.
There might be 1-4 light bulbs in the hood. Going for the one which provides low lighting for night cooking is a better choice.
Some of the range hoods come with a sensor built in which turns on the fan whenever there is a rise in temperature beyond a certain level.
This is a technology that is used mainly in the convection oven where the fans ensure that the electronic parts do not heat up when the temperature rises.
When it comes to different types of range hoods, this might work adversely, especially when you are cooking with oil on an open pan and there is a chance of fire.
One has to consider the kind of cooking surface for which the hood is being fitted to and then decide on the need for this feature.
This is quite a convenient feature where the fan is turned off automatically after a predefined time period. This is quite helpful when you tend to forget to turn them off after finishing the cooking.
A major factor that can highly influence the buy on a range hood is the cost involved. The kind of features, the size of the hood and the amount of installation involved are certain factors that will build into the cost of the hood.
One would find that the range hoods fall well within the budget compared to other options.
Apart from the above factors, there are also factors like the noise level, the look of the hood, etc. that has to be taken into consideration before investing in a range hood.
The fact whether you are an avid cook or an occasional cook may be the factor that will decide on the best under cabinet range hood for your kitchen.
You can always go for a simple non-ducted option if you rarely use the kitchen other than to reheat and cook occasionally.
More Range Hood Related Articles:
- Different Types Of Range Hoods
- Best Ductless Range Hoods
- Ducted Vs. Ductless Range Hood
- Range Hood Vs. OTR Microwave
- How To Clean A Range Hood